“It reads as if you have an expert coach in business reference helping you each step of the way.” That’s how Academic BRASS summarized the first edition of this unique, unparalleled resource authored by Ross, a past winner of the Gale Cengage Learning Award for Excellence in Business Librarianship. Now she’s revised and updated it to tackle even more “bizref” headscratchers related to investment and finance, consumer behavior and statistics, company, and industry research. In addition to general reference strategies in each chapter that give you the lay of the land, inside you’ll find
- overviews of more than fifty databases for articles, company and industry, directories, consumer, international, or raw data;
- 33 real-life “Stumper” questions, all new for this edition, drawn from librarians in the field;
- why asking “who cares about this kind of question” reveals potential sources;
- techniques for applying reference interview techniques to business questions;
- advice on where to find the numbers for answering finance questions;
- expanded coverage of venture capital research and business information literacy;
- “Start Making Sense” suggestions for further skill-building; and
- questions to consider when building a bizref collection.
This is the guide to keep at your side when serving business students, job-seekers, investors, or entrepreneurs in your library.
Examination copies are available for instructors who are interested in adopting this title for course use.
Sign-up for the eCourse, Business Reference 101 instructed by Celia Ross, on October 28th, 2019!