Registration is currently open for the 2021 ALA Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits Virtual to be held January 22-26, 2021.
In addition to an impressive list of featured speakers, the Virtual Exhibit Hall on Friday, Jan 22 will have showcasing presentation stages that will highlight popular authors, sessions on new book titles, knowledgeable library experts, networking opportunities, give-a-ways and more.
Once you register make sure you add these highly interactive RUSA Discussion Groups to your schedule-
DEFINITION OF REFERENCE GROUP- JANAURY 23 @ 11:00AM
Join the RUSA Definition of Reference Task Force in applying the new draft of Definition of Reference. We will provide scenarios and ask participants to discuss two questions: (1) “Is this Reference?” and (2) “Should it be recorded as a reference statistic?”. The Task Force will use these discussions to help refine the draft definition and make it useful for our profession.
STARS ILL DISCUSSION GROUP- JANUARY 25 @ 10:00AM
This session will be an open discussion of interlibrary loan and resource-sharing topics. Some possible areas of discussion are listed below:
- ALA RUSA STARS Research and Assessment Committee: results of survey and discussion; Should the Resource Sharing community have any type of standardization related to resource sharing reports? Develop list of best practices? Go as far as having a Code (like the ILL Code? Something else?
- ILL; and Resource sharing in the time of a Pandemic
- Virtual Forum
- Topics from the Floor
TIPS AND TECHNIQUES FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION PROPOSALS– January 25 @ 11:15am
Got an idea for a professional development webinar or an online course? Join the RUSA Professional Development Committee for an engaging discussion about what makes an online learning proposal successful. The committee members will share their perspectives on proposal evaluation criteria, including scope, time allocation, and audience engagement. Hope you will bring lots of questions!
In addition to the discussion groups, several RUSA committees will be meeting as well:
- RUSA Budget & Finance Meeting
- RUSA Board Meeting
- RUSA Accessibility Assembly
- Federal & Armed Forces Interest Group
- CODES All-Committee Meeting
- ETS Member Forum
- History Section Meeting
- RUSA Achievement Awards Committee
Register here today!