Register today for this complimentary webinar “It’s an Equity Issue” Collaborating to Provide Assigned eTexts at Illinois State University” scheduled for Wednesday, June 16th @ 11am Central.
A number of studies have shown a connection between the costs of textbooks and student success in higher education. While Milner Library has traditionally contributed to student success on many levels, we wished to address particular challenges to students success and equity that have been magnified by COVID. In Fall 2020, a project team of librarians from a variety of departments secured funding for a coordinated effort to license available e-textbooks for Spring 2021 courses. Major goals of this project are to help alleviate textbook costs for students and explore the potential impact these savings on student success.
Hear directly from the team as they describe project planning and progress to date, while emphasizing the contributions brought by each librarian’s role and specialized knowledge. We will also share preliminary findings from student and faculty focus groups and surveys conducted in the spring semester.
- Julie Murphy, Collection Assessment Librarian, Illinois State University
- Mallory Jallas, Student Success Librarian, Illinois State University
- Rachel Park, Electronic Resources Librarian, Illinois State University
- Rachel Scott, Associate Dean for Information Assets, Illinois State University
- Anne Shelly, Scholarly Communication Librarian, Illinois State University
This webinar is sponsored by RUSA CODES (Collection Development and Evaluation Section)