Established in 2019, the ETS Best Emerging Technology Application Award offers $3,000 to an individual or group in recognition of a technology application that directly benefits library users. This award is sponsored by Chatstaff and LibraryH3lp.
The award jury is composed of members of the ETS Best Emerging Technology Application Committee. Each spring, the jury selects a winner from the set of written applications submitted during the previous calendar year.
Each written application is evaluated using the following criteria:
- Creativity of the use of technology to improve patron services
- Impact on patrons
- Sustainability of the technological application
- Extent to which the technological application can be adopted by other libraries
- Quality of the plan for assessing the technological application
The award is open to any library employee or group of library employees
- The award application describes an implementation of a technology that has directly impacted library patrons in at least one library.
- The implementation took place no more than 2 years prior to the date of the application for the award.
To Nominate a Project
To nominate a project, complete the nomination form. Members of the committee will then reach out to the nominees to encourage them to apply.
How to Apply
To submit an application, please complete the online form. Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2020.