Elizabeth Malafi, Editor
From the BRASS Chair
- Update on ALA Annual: There is no BRASS program as part of the ALA Virtual Event, but there is plenty of very interesting content and registration is now open. Travel awards will fund travel to ALA Annual 2021. In terms of BRASS programming, we are still assessing what elements will become webinars and elements that can be moved to ALA Annual 2021. If you chose the ALA Virtual Event/ ALA Midwinter option, you should have received an email confirming your registration. I had to check my spam folder to find
- The Business Reference in Academic Libraries Online Symposium was a rousing success. The symposium had 294 unique registrants over the 2 days! Thank you Business Reference in Academic Libraries for your
- Important changes are on the horizon for ASGCLA that could have significant financial implications for RUSA, as we share staffing costs. The RUSA Board of Directors recently approved the formation of the RUSA Futures Task Force. It will make a preliminary report to RUSA Board in July. Andy Spackman is serving as the BRASS representative on this
- Committee appointments are underway as we speak. If you have not volunteered and would like to, please contact BRASS Vice Chair Julia Martin. New committee appointments start July 1st , but please feel free to reach out to the current chair of any committee you are interested in to see if you can start to attend the meetings now. Many/most of them are meeting
- Congrats again to the winners of BRASS awards! In case you missed it, Emerald Publishing did a great podcast with Ash Faulkner, the recipient of the 2020 BRASS Emerald Research
- Don’t miss the Business Reference Sources Publishers’ Forum this coming Friday, May 22nd from 2-3pm ET. The theme of the spring 2020 forum is supply chain and procurement
- Also save the date for the Monthly BRASS Virtual Discussion, Friday, June 19th 1- 2:30pm.
- Finally save the date for the BRASS Leadership Council. This meeting will serve as the official BRASS Annual meeting. It will be held Tuesday, June 2nd 12pm-1:30pm CT. Agenda and committee reports to be distributed via ALA
Thank you all for your work this year. It certainly is very different than I imagined this BRASS year going, but I am continually impressed by the work or our members and our organization. Thank you.
Ilana Stonebraker, BRASS Chair 2019-2020