Note from the ETS Chair
For those of us who did attend midwinter in Philadelphia we had a good discussion about upcoming ETS events listed below:
- The Managing Emerging Technologies Committee will be co-hosting an online forum with the ETS Hot Topics Committee and the RSS Virtual Reference Services Committee titled “Asking for a Friend: Conversations in Emerging Tech & Virtual Reference” on February 25th and 26th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
- The Services for Systems & Discovery committee will be launching a series of webinars starting in early April focusing on discovery.
- The Best Emerging Technologies Award (BETA) Committee has a large pool of applicants to choose from its annual award to be presented at Annual in Chicago.
- The Tech Showcase committee is preparing for another Tech Showcase which will be held Saturday June 27th from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
- The Hot Topics Committee will be hosting their always well attended session at annual titled “Not All Who Wander Are Lost: Using Emerging Technologies to Support Library Wanderers.” This session will be Sunday June 28th from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
ETS needs a website coordinator to manage the section’s online presence. A description and call for applicants for this exciting opportunity will be posted soon!
Volunteer for ETS!
It is time to fill out the committee rosters for the coming year! There are a number of volunteer opportunities on ETS committees. ETS committees are involved in many exciting efforts including (but not limited to) working on e forums, webinars, the new BETA award, the Tech Showcase at Annual, and the always well attended Hot Topics session. This year we need members to serve on the following:
- Best Emerging Tech Awards
- Managing Emerging Technologies
- Hot Topics
- Tech Showcase
- Discovery User Experience Design
Through membership in our virtual and/or in-person committees, you’ll have the opportunity to actively contribute to your own and others’ professional development through:
- Planning and implementing programs, webinars, and discussion sessions
- Developing leadership skills
- Working on special projects
- Building service experience for your resume
- Extending your professional network